- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 200g Thai rice noodles
- 100g mixed salad leaves
- 2 carrots
- 2 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Finely grated zest and juice of 2 limes
- 1-2 tsp soy sauce
- Slices of leftover roast beef
- A large handful of fresh coriander, basil, mint and/or chives
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 20 mins
1. Get a large frying pan hot. Add a glug of oil, your sliced onions and a pinch of salt and pepper. Lower the heat and gently cook for 10-15 mins till the onions are meltingly tender.
2. Meanwhile, cook your rice noodles in a pot of salted boiling water for 3 mins or till tender. Drai, rinse under cold water then gloss with a little oil. Stir and set aside.
3. Rinse your salad leaves, tearing any bigger leaves, if needed. Arrange on a serving platter and pop your noodles on top. Spoon over the caramelised onions.
4. Trim and peel your carrot, then peel your carrot into long ribbons. Scatter them over the top of the salad.
5. Mix the ginger and garlic together in a small bowl. Finely chop half the chillies (use less for a milder dressing). Mix them into the gingerand garlic, along with the suga and lime zest and juice. Add 1 tsp soy sauce. Taste and add more soy, sugar or lime, as needed. Trickle in a little cold water to mellow the flavours, if you like. Drizzle half the dressing over the salad.
6. Top with slices of leftover roast beef, drizzle over the remianing dressing, then tear over generous amounts of fresh herbs. Serve straight away.
7. No Leftovers? No Problem?
If you don't have any leftover beeb to use up, cook 1-2 steaks to your liking, rest them, then thinly slcie and add to the salad just before serving.