- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 orange
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 courgette
- A handful of coriander
- 2 garlic cloves
- A thumb of ginger
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp demerara sugar
- 200g chestnut mushrooms
- 200g purple sprouting broccoli
- 1 carrot
- 1 mini romaine lettuce
- 1 chilli
- 4 flour tortillas*
1. Warm a dry pan to a medium-high heat. Scatter in 1 tbsp cumin seeds and fry for 2-3 mins, till they are toasted and smell fragrant. Tip into a small bowl. Grate the orange zest and add to the cumin seeds. Squeeze in the orange juice and stir in 1 tbsp oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.
2. Trim the courgette and use a peeler to create ribbons. Slide the courgette into a salad bowl. Roughly tear up half of the coriander and add to the bowl. Set aside.
3. Peel the garlic cloves and ginger and finely grate both. Slide into a small bowl and whisk in the tamari and 1 tbsp Demerara sugar. This is your teriyaki sauce.
4. Thickly slice the chestnut mushrooms. Trim the purple sprouting broccoli and roughly shred into small pieces. Scrub the carrot and slice it into thin strips. Trim the root off the lettuce and roughly chop the leaves. Halve the chilli, flicking out the seeds and membrane for less heat, and finely slice.
5. Pour 1 tbsp oil into a large frying pan or wok and warm to a medium-high heat. Slide in the chopped mushrooms, broccoli, carrot and chilli. Stir fry for 4-5 mins, till golden and tender.
6. Pour the teriyaki sauce into the pan and continue to cook for 1-2 mins, till the veg are coated and glazed.
7. Toss the courgette ribbons and coriander with the orange and cumin dressing.
8. Fill the tortillas with piles of the stir fried veg. Top with some of the lettuce leaves and the reserved coriander leaves. Fold into wraps. Serve with the courgette, cumin and coriander salad on the side.