- 175g strong white flour
- 125g wholemeal flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- A good pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 200ml warm water
1. Mix the flours, baking powder, salt and olive oil. Slowly fold in the water. Stir to form a loose, sticky ball.
2. Dust with flour. Knead for a min or two till the dough is soft, firm and stretchy. Divide into eight. Roll into balls.
3. Heat a large frying pan over medium flame.
4. Meanwhile, pat a dough ball into a circle on a floured surface. Roll out to the size of a dinner plate.
5. Cook in the hot, dry pan till golden and a little charred but still soft on each side. When it puffs a bit, it’s done. Brush one side with olive oil or butter.
6. Wrap in a clean cloth as you cook the others.
7. Once you’ve cooked the full batch, eat straight away, as the tortillas go hard if they sit too long. The dough freezes beautifully.