- The dressing:
- 50g cashews
- 4 anchovies or 1 tbsp capers
- 1 lemon, zest and 3 tbsp juice
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small garlic clove
- 125ml olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- The Salad:
- 100g lamb's lettuce or peppery salad mix
- A bunch of radishes
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 avocado
- A large handful of soft herbs (dill, and/or sorrel)
- 160g organic smoky flaked roast salmon
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: none
1. Soak your cashews in a jar full of water overnight, or simmer in enough water to cover for 3 mins or till softened. Drain. Rinse.
2. Pop the soaked cashews in a food processor or blender with all the other dressing ingredients apart from the olive oil. Blend to make a smooth paste. Keep blending as you trickle the oil in, little by little. Season to taste. Chill till ready to use.
3. Roughly chop your herbs. Pluck any wilted leaves from your radishes. Thinly slice your radishes and roughly chop the nice looking leaves (compost the wilted ones).
4. Halve your fennel, then slice as thinly as you can. Halve your avocado, remove the stone, peel and cut into slices (or plonk the halves in the salad, unsliced, as we did).
5. Roughly chop your herbs. Toss all the salad leaves, prepped veg and herbs together. Arrange in bowls. Flake the salmon and dot over the top. Drizzle the dressing over before serving.