- 2 aubergines
- 2 courgettes
- 2 onions
- 1 garlic bulb
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- A pinch or two of dried chilli flakes (optional)
- 100g black olives
- A handful of mint, leaves only
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 200g feta
- 250g cooked white & black quinoa
- 4 tbsp yogurt
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 1 hr
1. Warm your oven to 180°C/Fan 160°C/Gas 4. Trim the tops off the aubergines and courgettes, then roughly chop both into bite-sized chunks. Peel the onions and slice them into wedges. Peel the garlic cloves.
2. Scatter the chopped veg and peeled garlic cloves into a large roasting tin. Tip the cherry tomatoes into the tin. Sprinkle with 1 tbsp dried oregano, 1 tbsp cumin seeds, a pinch of dried chilli flakes and a generous amount of salt and pepper. Drizzle with 5 tbsp olive oil and toss everything together to combine. Slide the tin into the oven and roast for 1 hr, turning the veg once or twice, till very soft.
3. While the veg cook, remove any stones from the olives. Pick the mint leaves and roughly chop them. As soon as the veg are cooked, add 2 tbsp cider vinegar along, the mint and the olives to the tin and toss to mix. Crumble in large chunks of feta cheese and fold together.
4. Use a fork to break up the cooked quinoa and divide it between warm plates. Spoon over the veg, along with generous amounts of the liquid from the roasting tin. Serve warm or cold with dollops of yogurt spooned on top.