- 500g potatoes
- 1 red onion
- 1 vine tomato
- 1 avocado
- A handful of coriander
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 limes
- 2 corn on the cobs
- A pinch of 2 of chilli powder
- 100g smoked salmon
- 100g soured cream
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 40 mins
1. Warm your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Scrub the potatoes and slice them into thick chips or wedges. Scatter the potato wedges into a roasting tin and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Pour in 1 tbsp oil and toss to coat the potatoes. Slide the tin into the oven and roast for 35-40 mins, turning halfway, till golden and tender.
2. Meanwhile, peel the red onion and finely chop it. Slide the onion into a small bowl. Finely dice the tomato. Halve the avocado and chop the flesh into small pieces. Finely chop the coriander stalks (keep the leaves for later). Add the tomato, avocado and coriander to the onion. Finely grate in the zest from 1 lime and squeeze in the juice. Add a pinch of salt and pepper, stir well and set aside.
3. Peel and thinly slice the garlic. Pull the leaves and silks off the corn cobs. Slice a sliver off the end of each, then stand the cobs upright on your board and run your knife down the sides to slice off the sweetcorn kernels.
4. Pour 1 tbsp oil into a frying pan and warm to a medium-high heat. Add the sweetcorn kernels and garlic. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and a pinch of chilli powder. Fry for 5-6 mins, stirring, till tender and slightly browned. Take off the heat and squeeze in the juice from the remaining lime.
5. Roughly chop the smoked salmon. Divide the chips between two warm plates and top with avocado salsa and the spicy fried corn. Add spoonfuls of the soured cream, the smoked salmon and the coriander leaves and serve.