- 1 onion
- Sea salt
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 courgette
- 50g rocket
- 200g chifferini pasta
- 340g fish pie mix
- 115ml double cream
- A pinch of saffron powder
- A handful of basil, leaves only
- 1 lemon
1. Fill a pan with water and sprinkle in a good pinch of salt. Pop on the hob and bring to the boil.
2. Meanwhile, peel the onion and finely dice it. Peel the garlic clove and crush or finely chop it. Dice the tomatoes into small pieces.
3. Pour 1 tbsp oil into a large frying pan or wok and warm to a medium heat. Slide the chopped onion and garlic into the pan. Sprinkle in a little salt and pepper and fry for 6-8 mins, stirring occasionally, till the veg have started to soften.
4. While the veg are cooking, trim the courgette and use a peeler to peel it into long ribbons. Peel down to the seeded core, then finely slice the core. Tumble the courgette into a large bowl. Pile the rocket on top. Set aside.
5. The water in the pan should be boiling by now. Add the chifferini and simmer for 8-10 mins till just cooked but not too soft. Drain well.
6. Meanwhile, slide the tomatoes and fish pie mix into the frying pan. Cook for 3-4 mins, turning once or twice. Pour in half the pot of double cream and add a pinch of saffron powder. Warm through for a further 2-3 mins, till the chunks of fish are cooked through – they will flakes easily.
7. Tip the drained pasta into the frying pan. Tear in the basil leaves. Stir well to coat the pasta in the creamy sauce. Have a taste and add more salt and pepper if needed.
8. Squeeze the juice from half the lemon over the salad in the bowl and toss well to combine. Spoon the pasta and sauce onto plates and serve with the salad on the side.