- 2 red peppers
- 2 courgettes
- 3 onions
- 150g yogurt
- 4 garlic cloves
- A thumb of ginger
- 1 tbsp mild curry powder
- 4 chicken thighs & 4 chicken drumsticks
- 300g white basmati rice
- A handful of coriander
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 1 hr
1. Warm your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Halve the peppers and scoop out the seeds and membrane. Slice the peppers into thick strips. Trim the ends off the courgettes and cut them into bite-size pieces. Peel the onions and slice them into thin wedges. Scatter the veg into a large roasting tin. Pour over 1 tbsp oil and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss together till evenly coated. Set aside.
2. Pour the yogurt into a large mixing bowl. Peel and grate in the garlic cloves and ginger. Add the curry powder and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Stir together till combined. Add the chicken thighs and drumsticks and turn in the marinade till coated.
3. Arrange the chicken on top of the sliced veg in the tin. Cover the tin with a lid or layer of foil and slide into the oven. Roast for 40 mins.
4. After the chicken and veg have roasted for 40 mins, remove the foil from the top of the tin. Slide the tin back into the oven for a further 15-20 mins, til the chicken is golden and slightly charred at the edges.
5. Meanwhile, fill and boil your kettle. Rinse the rice under cold water and tip it into a large pan. Add 600ml boiling water and a pinch of salt. Cover, bring to the boil, then turn the heat right down. Cook for 8-10 mins till all the water is absorbed and the rice is tender. Take the pan off the heat and let it sit, lid on, for 5 mins to steam the rice and finish cooking it.
6. Divide the rice between 4 warm plates then spoon over the chicken and roast veg. Tear over the coriander to serve.