- 1 red onion
- 1 chilli
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 lime
- A handful of coriander
- 2 sweetcorn cobs
- 200g feta
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 2 eggs
- 1 lettuce
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- A glug or two of olive oil
Prep: 30 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. Peel and finely chop the onion. Finely chop the chilli, flicking out the seeds and white bits for a milder flavour. Quarter the tomatoes. Scoop out the seeds. Dice the tomatoes.
2. Finely grate or pare the zest from the lime. Juice it. Pick the leaves off the coriander sprigs. Finely chop the stalks.
3. Put the tomatoes, lime zest, juice, coriander stalks, chilli and half the onion in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Put the salsa to one side.
4. Slice down the corn cobs to slice the kernels off them. Rinse them and pop them in a bowl. Crumble ½ a pack of feta and add half of that to the sweetcorn with the rest of the red onion.
5. Add the flour to the corn. Beat the egg and add it with salt and pepper. Stir to mix the sweetcorn fritter mixture together. Put to one side.
6. Separate the leaves from the lettuce. Rinse and dry them in a salad spinner or with kitchen paper. Tear into pieces. Drizzle over some olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
7. Warm a glug of olive oil in a frying pan over a medium-low heat. Add a few tablespoons of the fritter mix to make 3-4 fritters. Fry for 2-3 mins till golden underneath. Flip them over.
8. Fry the fritters for another 2-3 mins till they are golden. Lift out of the pan. Pop them on a plate lined with kitchen paper. Repeat with the rest of the fritter mixture till you’ve used it all up. Serve with the lettuce, the salsa, the last of the feta and the coriander leaves.