- 2 x 640g buffalo chicken wings
- 1 heaped tbsp cornflour
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 200g Perl Las cheese
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp yogurt
- 100ml chilli ketchup
- 75g butter
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp Worcester sauce
- A good pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Celery sticks, to serve
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 50 mins
1. Warm your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Pop a large wire wrack on top of a large roasting tin and set aside.
2. Tip the chicken wings into a large mixing bowl. Spoon in 1 heaped tbsp cornflour, along with 1 tsp smoked paprika and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Toss together till the wings are evenly coated, then arrange the wings on the rack. Slide the rack and roasting tin into the oven and roast the chicken wings for 50 mins, till they're tender, cooked through and crisp.
3. While the wings roast, make the blue cheese sauce. Crumble the blue cheese into a bowl. Peel and grate in the garlic clove. Add 4 tbsp mayonnaise and 4 tbsp yogurt with a pinch of salt and pepper and stir together, breaking up the chunks of cheese with the spoon. Pop the sauce to one side.
4. When the wings are almost ready, pour 100ml chilli ketchup into a small pan. Add 75g butter, 2 tbsp sugar, 2 tbsp Worcester sauce and a good pinch of cayenne pepper (optional). Warm to a bubble, stirring to combine, and cook for 3-4 mins, till the sauce is thick and smooth.
5. When the wings are ready, transfer them to a large dish or bowl. Pour over the hot chilli sauce and toss to coat. Scoop the wings onto a serving board or platter. Serve the wings with the blue cheese dip and celery sticks on the side.