- A handful of flat leaf parsley
- 1 garlic
- 500g new potatoes
- Sea salt
- 200g heirloom tomatoes
- A bunch of spring onions
- 1 lemon
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200g French beans
- 2 cod fillets
- 50g rocket
- 45g butter
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Finely chop the parsley and slide it into a small bowl. Peel and grate in the garlic clove. Set aside.
2. Halve the new potatoes and tumble them into a pan. Cover the potatoes with cold water and sprinkle with a generous pinch of salt. Cover with a lid and bring to the boil, then simmer for 15-20 mins, till tender (see step 5 for when to check them so you can cook the beans).
3. Meanwhile, slice the tomatoes in half and tip them into a large bowl. Trim the roots and top 3cm off the spring onions. Finely slice the spring onions on the angle and add to the bowl. Grate in the lemon zest and squeeze in the juice. Stir in 1 tbsp olive oil with a pinch of salt and pepper.
4. Lay the cod fillets in a roasting tin. Rub the cod with 1 tbsp oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Slide into the oven and roast for 15 mins, till the fish is cooked through and flakes easily. While the fish roasts, trim the ends off the French beans.
5. When the potatoes are nearly cooked (check after 12-15 mins), slide the beans into the simmering water. Continue to cook for 2-3 mins, till the beans are tender. Drain the beans and potatoes and allow to steam dry in the colander for 1 min. Tip the potatoes and beans into the bowl with the tomatoes and stir. Add the rocket leaves and toss to mix.
6. Melt the butter in a small pan on a medium heat. Stir in the chopped parsley and garlic and warm through for 1 min, stirring to combine.
7. Scoop the cooked cod onto plates and spoon over the garlic and parsley butter. Serve with the lemony potato salad on the side.