- FOR THE KEBABS (choose a selection of rainbow coloured veg)
- RED pepper, cherry tomatoes
- ORANGE cooked sweet potato, roasted carrots, orange pepper
- YELLOW pepper, cherry tomatoes
- GREEN courgettes, pepper
- PURPLE aubergine, red onion, cooked beetroot
- Halloumi or smoked tofu (optional)
- FOR THE LEMON & ROSEMARY OIL
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 lemons
- 3-4 rosemary sprigs, leaves only
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
Prep: 30 mins | Cook: 10-20 mins
1. If using wooden or bamboo skewers, pop them in a glass or dish of water to soak. This will help stop them catching and burning when you grill the kebabs. Heat your barbecue or grill.
2. Prepare the veg, keeping the colours separate. Chop them into bite-sized chunks, so they're all roughly the same size. Some veg will need to be pre-cooked, such as carrots, sweet potatoes and beetroot if you're using them.
3. Thread the veg (and halloumi or tofu, if using) onto skewers following the colours of the rainbow. Set to one side.
4. Peel and grate or crush the garlic and pop it in a bowl. Zest and juice in the lemon. Finely chop the rosemary leaves. Pour in the olive oil, season and mix to make a marinade.
5. Drizzle or brush the lemon and rosemary marinade liberally to coat the kebabs.
6. Cook the kebabs on a hot barbecue or under a hot grill. Turn them regularly, and brush with the lemon and rosemary marinade each time you turn. Cook till the veg is soft and lightly charred. This should take 10-15 mins.
7. Serve the rainbow veg kebabs with leafy greens.
8. Oil I want is you
Any leftover lemon and rosemary oil will keep in jar or container in your fridge for a couple of days. Use it to dress salads or to marinate veggies, fish or meat.