- For The Kebabs (choose a selection of rainbow coloured veg):
- Red veg, such as red peppers or cherry tomatoes
- Orange veg, such as cooked sweet potato, roast carrots or orange pepper
- Yellow veg, such as yellow peppers or heritage tomatoes
- Green veg, such as courgettes or green peppers
- Purple veg, such as aubergines, red onions or cooked beetroot
- Halloumi or smoked tofu (optional)
- For the lemon & rosemary oil:
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 lemons
- 3-4 rosemary sprigs, leaves only
Prep: 30 mins | Cook: 10-20 mins
1. If you're using wooden or bamboo skewers, pop them in a glass or dish of water to soak. This will help stop them catching and burning when you grill the kebabs. Heat your barbecue or grill.
2. Prepare the veg, keeping the colours separate. Chop them into bite-sized chunks, so they're all roughly the same size. Some veg will need to be pre-cooked, such as carrots, sweet potatoes and beetroot, if you're using them. If you want to, you can chop halloumi or smoked tofu into biye-sized chunks to go on the kebabs too.
3. Thread the veg (and halloumi or tofu, if using) onto skewers, following the colours of the rainbow. Set to one side.
4. Peel and grate or crush the garlic and pop it in a bowl. Zest and juice in the lemon. Finely chop the rosemary leaves and add them to the bowl. Pour in 4 tbsp olive oil, season with a pinch of salt and pepper and mix to make a marinade.
5. Drizzle or brush the lemon and rosemary marinade liberally over the kebabs to coat them. Keep any excess marinade.
6. Cook the kebabs on a hot barbecue or under a hot grill. Turn them regularly, and brush with the leftover lemon and rosemary marinade each time you turn. Cook till the veg aresoft and lightly charred. This should take 10-15 mins. Serve straight away.
7. Oil I Want Is You
Any leftover lemon and rosemary oil will keep in jar or container in your fridge for a couple of days. Use it to dress salads or to marinate veggies, fish or meat.