- For the Ginger, Mint & Lime Syrup:
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- A handful of basil, leaves only
- 2 limes
- For The Fruit Kebabs (use a selection of colours to create a rainbow):
- Red fruit, such as strawberries, watermelon or raspberries
- Orange fruit, such as orange or clementine segments, mango or apricots
- Yellow fruit, such as pineapple or banana
- Green fruit, such as kiwi fruit or grapes
- Blue fruit, such as blueberries
- Purple fruit, such as grapes or blackberries
- Yogurt or dairy-free yogurt, to serve
Prep: 30 mins | Cook: 10 mins
1. Peel and finely grate the ginger and pop it in a small pan. Add the maple syrup with 250ml cold water. Set on a medium heat and bring to a bubble, then simmer for 5 mins. Pour the gingery syrup into a jug and leave to cool.
2. Chop the fruit into bite-sized chunks, keeping the colours separate. Thread them onto skewers following the colours of the rainbow (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple).
3. Finely shred the basil leaves and stir them into the gingery syrup. Zest and juice in the limes. Drizzle a little suryp over the skewers and serve them with yogurt or dairy-free yogurt for dipping.
4. Sweetly does it
Any leftover ginger syrup will keep in your fridge for a couple of days. You can toss it through fruit salads or drizzle over freshly baked cakes.