- ¼ green cabbage
- ¼ red cabbage
- A head of fennel
- 1 red onion
- A handful of mint, leaves only
- A handful of basil, leaves only
- A handful of dill, leaves only
- 1 tbsp black mustard seeds
- 50ml cider vinegar
- 50ml white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
*+ extra time for cooking pulled pork
*For our Pulled Pork with Sugar & Spice recipe click here.
1. Slice the white and red cabbages as finely as you can – use a mandolin if you have one to get wafer thin slices.
2. Trim the rough tips off the fennel and pick off and set aside any fronds. Finely slice the fennel to match the cabbage. Peel and finely slice the onion too.
3. Put all the veg in a bowl. Finely chop the mint, basil, dill and any fennel fronds. Add them to the bowl and toss together.
4. Warm a dry frying pan over a low heat. Toast the mustard seeds for 2-3 mins till the seeds start popping and smell nutty. Tip them into the bowl with the veg.
5. Pour the vinegars into a small bowl or jug. Add the honey, lime zest and juice. Season with a little salt and pepper. Whisk together to make a dressing. Taste and add more honey, vinegar or seasoning if you think it needs it.
6. Pour the dressing into the veg. Toss everything to coat it thoroughly in the dressing. Serve the slaw alongside the pulled pork. Crusty bread or a bowl of boiled potatoes is also nice on the side.