- 1kg new potatoes
- 2 red onions
- 2 red peppers
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon
- 250g cherry vine tomatoes
- 4 cod fillets
- 60g basil tofu pesto
- 25g breadcrumbs
- A handful of basil, leaves only
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 1 hr
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Cut your potatoes into1 cm thick slices. Peel and thickly slice the red onion. Halve the peppers and scoop out the seeds and white membrane. Cut each half into 3 pieces.Place the veg on to your largest baking tray (or 2 medium ones). The potatoes should be no more than 2 slices deep. Pour over 2 tbsp olive oil with a generous pinch of salt and pepper and toss together. Drop on the garlic cloves. Slide the tray into the oven to roast for 30 mins.
2. Whilst the potatoes are roasting, cut the lemon into 8 wedges.
3. After 30 mins, remove the tray from the oven. Pluck out the garlic cloves and set to one side. Turn the potatoes over carefully. Place the lemon wedges and cherry tomatoes on top. Slide back into the oven for 15 mins.
4. Place the cod fillets on a plate. Spoon the pesto onto the cod fillets, smoothing it on with the back of a spoon. Press on the breadcrumbs.
5. When the veg has cooked for a total of 45 mins, remove the tray from the oven and remove 4 of the lemon wedges. Place the pesto topped cod fillets on top of the veg and slide back into the oven for 15 mins.
6. Squeeze the roasted garlic cloves from their papery skins into a bowl. Squeeze in the juice from the roasted lemon wedges. Pour in 1 tbsp olive oil with a pinch of salt and pepper and whisk well.
7. Remove the tray from the oven. Check the fish is cooked by pressing a fillet lightly with the back of a fork. It should flake easily and be opaque. If not, slide the tray back into the oven to cook a little longer.
8. Serve the roasted veg with the pesto topped cod and drizzle over the roasted garlic and lemon dressing, Tear over the basil leaves to serve.