- 1kg new potatoes
- 400g vine tomatoes
- 1 lemon
- 2 red onions
- 1 red pepper
- 2 courgettes
- A handful of thyme, leaves only
- 680g fish pie mix
- 2 garlic cloves
- 25g pine nuts
- A handful of basil, leaves only
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 55 mins
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Scrub the potatoes and chop any larger ones into halves or quarters so they’re all roughly the same size. Tumble into 1 large or 2 medium roasting tins. Quarter the tomatoes and the lemon and add them to the tin. Peel and thickly slice the red onions and add them too.
2. Halve the red pepper and scrape out the seeds and white pith. Cut each half into 3 pieces and add them to the tin. Trim the courgettes and cut them into 1cm-thick slices. Pick the thyme leaves off any woody stalks (if the stalks are tender and white, you can leave the leaves on them). Roughly chop the thyme and scatter it over the veg.
3. Pour over 2 tbsp olive oil and add some salt and pepper. Toss together. Slide into the oven and roast for 40 mins, turning the veg over halfway through.
4. While the veg roast, peel and grate or crush the garlic. Pop it into a large bowl with 1 tbsp olive oil and some salt and pepper. Mix well. Add the fish pieces and toss to coat. Set aside.
5. After 40 mins the veg should all be roasted and tender. Scatter the garlicky fish pieces over the top and scatter over the pine nuts, then slide back into the oven for 7-8 mins.
6. After 7-8 mins the fish should be cooked through and flake easily when pressed with the back of a fork. Divide the roast fish and veg between 4 warm plates. Tear over the basil leaves and serve.