- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 chilli
- 1 lemon
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 40g tahini
- 1kg chicken wings
- ½ cucumber
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 2 spring/salad onions
- 50g peppery salad mix
- A handful of flat leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp water
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 45 mins
1. Heat your oven to 180°C/Fan 160°C/Gas 4. Peel and grate or crush the garlic. Pop into a large bowl. Finely chop the chilli, flicking out the seeds. Add it to the bowl. Finely grate in the lemon zest, then squeeze in the juice from half the lemon (keep the other half for later).
2. Add 2 tsp each of the smoked paprika and cumin, the sachet of tahini and 4 tbsp water. Season the with a pinch of salt and pepper and stir together to make a smooth paste.
3. Add the chicken wings to the bowl. Rub the paprika paste into the chicken wings, making sure they are well coated all over.
4. Brush a baking tray with 1/2 tbsp olive oil. Arrange the chicken wings on it. Roast for 45 mins till cooked through and well browned.
5. While the chicken cooks, make a chopped salad. Halve the cucumber, then chop half into small dice (keep the other half for salads, sandwiches or adding to drinks). Tip into a bowl. Trim the roots and any dry tips from the salad onions. Finely slice them. Quarter the cherry tomatoes and add them both to the bowl. Roughly chop the parsley leaves and stir most of them into the salad.
6. Add the salad leaves to the bowl. Squeeze the juice from the remaining lemon half into a small bowla nd whisk with 1/2 tbsp olive oil and some salt and pepper to make a dressing. Add to the salad. Toss to mix.
7. Serve the chicken wings with the sweet potato wedges and chopped salad. Garnish with the remaining chopped parsley leaves.