- 2 eggs
- 250g cherry vine tomatoes
- 500g new potatoes
- 200g French beans
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 50g watercress
- 80g black olives
- 70g pancetta
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. Bring a small pan of water to the boil. Add the eggs. Lower the heat and simmer gently for 6 mins. Lift the eggs out and pop them in a bowl of cold water to cool.
2. Heat the grill to a medium high setting. Tumble the cherry tomatoes onto a baking tray. Slide under the grill and cook for 5 mins till the skins are beginning to burst open.
3. While the tomatoes and eggs cook, bring a larger pan of water to the boil. Scrub the potatoes and chop them into equal-sized chunks. Add to the boiling water. Simmer for 7 mins.
4. Trim the French beans. Add them to the potatoes. Simmer for another 3 mins till the beans are just tender and the potatoes are cooked through. Drain them.
5. Peel and grate the garlic. Juice the lemon. Whisk half of the juice with 1 tbsp Dijon mustard and the garlic. Whisk with 2 tbsp olive oil and some salt and pepper to make a mustardy dressing. Put to one side.
6. Pick any large sprigs out of the watercress. Arrange the watercress, grilled tomatoes, potatoes and French beans on a platter or two plates. Scatter over the black olives. Drizzle over any juices from the tomatoes.
7. Peel and halve the eggs, then add them to the salad. Warm 1 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan. Add the pancetta. Fry for 2-3 mins till the pancetta is crisp.
8. Lift the pancetta out of the pan. Cut into shards. Pop on top of the salad. Spoon over the dressing and serve straight away.