- 2 large potatoes
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 chicken legs, boneless
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 red pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- A handful of coriander
- 2 spring onions
- 1 mini romaine lettuce
- 1 lemon
- 100ml crème fraîche
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Scrub the potatoes and slice them into thin wedges (no need to peel). Slide into a roasting tin, dust with 1 tsp ground cumin and a pinch of salt and pepper, drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and toss to coat. Slide the wedges into the oven for 20 mins.
2. Meanwhile, warm 1 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan on a medium-high heat. Rub the chicken legs with 2 tsp Cajun seasoning and a pinch of salt and pepper. Add the chicken to the hot pan, skin-side down. Fry for 5 mins, till golden and crispy, then turn over and cook for a further 5 mins. Transfer the chicken to a second roasting tin.
3. While the chicken cooks, halve the red pepper and scoop out the seeds and white pith. Slice the pepper into thin strips. Peel and thinly slice the garlic. Separate the coriander stalks and leaves, setting the leaves aside for later. Thinly slice the stalks. Trim the roots and dry ends off the spring onions and thinly slice them.
4. When the potatoes have roasted for 20 mins, add the pepper to the roasting tin and stir to mix with the spuds and spices. Return the tin to the oven, along with the chicken roasting tin. Roast the veg and chicken for 20 mins.
5. While everything roasts, trim the base off the mini romaine lettuce and roughly tear the leaves. Pop the lettuce leaves into a bowl.
6. When the potatoes have 5 mins left, add the garlic, coriander stalks and spring onions to the tin. Return to the oven for a final 5 mins.
7. Squeeze the lemon juice over the lettuce leaves and toss to dress. Divide the chicken and potatoes between a couple of plates, top the with crème fraîche and coriander leaves and serve with the lettuce leaves on the side.