- 75g quinoa
- Sea salt
- 150ml boiling water
- A thumb of ginger
- 1 chilli
- A bunch of spring onions
- A 250g bundle of asparagus
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp oil (any kind, coconut oil works well)
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 lime
- A handful of coriander or sorrel
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. Rinse the quinoa till the water runs clear. Warm a small lidded pan on a high heat, add the quinoa and a pinch of salt. Pour in 150ml water. Cover and simmer for 15 mins or till all the water is absorbed.
2. Turn the heat off. Keep the quinoa covered for 5 mins.
3. Peel and finely grate the ginger. Cut a few thin slices off the chilli, to taste. Peel and finely chop or grate the garlic.
4. Cut the asparagus spears into 3-4cm pieces. Thinly slice the spring onions.
5. Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk.
6. Once the quinoa is done, set a wok or large frying pan on a high heat. Add the oil. Fold in the chilli, ginger and garlic. Sizzle for 1 min.
7. Add the asparagus and cook till just tender. Tip in the spring onions. Stir fry for 1 min. Add the quinoa. Fry everything for 1 min. Add the tamari.
8. Push everything to one side in the pan, giving you space to add the eggs. Add a little more oil if the pan’s looking dry. Add the eggs. Cook till set on the bottom. Fold to allow the eggs to cook on the top. Once set, fold the egg through the mix, breaking the egg up as you fold.
9. Finish the quinoa with a little lime zest, juice and a handful of chopped herbs.