- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 lemon
- 250g venison minute steaks
- ½ cucumber
- 150g yogurt
- 250g radishes
- A handful of mint
- 75g sweet salad mix
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 8-10 mins
1. If using wooden skewers, soak them in cold water for 10 mins. Toast 1 tsp coriander seeds in a dry frying pan for 1 min till they smell fragrant. Tip into a pestle and mortar and crush them (or use the end of a rolling pin in a bowl).
2. Peel and crush or finely chop the garlic. Mix with the crushed coriander seeds and ½ tsp of the cinnamon. Finely grate the zest from the lemon and set the zest aside. Squeeze the juice from half the lemon and add to the spices and garlic.
3. Slice the venison steaks into strips. Add to the spices with 1 tbsp olive oil. Turn to coat. Set aside. Halve the cucumber. Coarsely grate one half (see our tip for what to do with the rest). Squeeze out as much liquid as you can with your hands, then stir the grated flesh into the yogurt.
4. Pick the leaves from the radishes and finely slice. Finely slice the radishes. Shred the mint leaves. Stir them into the yogurt with the radishes, radish leaves and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Heat the grill to high. Line the grill pan with foil. Thread the venison strips onto the skewers. Season with a little salt and pepper.
6. Grill the venison skewers for 8-10 mins till they’re a little charred and cooked through.
7. While the venison cooks, juice the remaining lemon half. Whisk with 1 tbsp olive oil and some seasoning. Toss with the salad leaves. Serve the salad with the venison and the twistziki.