- 2 red, yellow or orange peppers
- 1 large onion or a bunchof spring onions
- A handful of other seasonal veg, chopped
- 1 lemon or 2 limes, juice only
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- A pinch of chilli powder
- A handful of fresh herbs, such as coriander, chives, chervil, parsle)
- Tortilla wraps
- Grated cheddar and/or soured cream (to serve)
- Salsa, to serve
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. Slice your peppers (remove the seeds and pith), the onion/spring onions and your other veg. Pop them all in a large mixing bowl. Gloss the veg with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Add a spritz of lemon or lime juice.
2. Get a large frying pan hot. Sizzle the veg in the hot pan for a few mins, stirring frequently. Once the veg has a little colour, add the spices and a little extra oil, if needed. Cook for a few mins till fragrant and tender, with some bite. Add a fresh squeeze of lemon or lime juice. Taste and add more spices, if you like.
3. Scatter the herbs over. Bundle everything into warm tortilla wraps. Serve with salsa, a dollop of soured cream and/or a scattering of cheese.
4. Make Your Own Tortillas
Here is our That's a Tortilla Wrap
recipe if you fancy making your own wraps.