- 2 red, yellow or orange peppers
- 1 large onion, 4 leeks or a bundle of spring onions, sliced
- A handful of other seasonal veg, chopped
- A splash of olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 lemon or 2 limes, juice only
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp paprika
- A pinch of chilli powder
- A handful of fresh summer herbs (coriander, chives, chervil, parsley)
- Tortilla wraps*
- Grated cheddar and/or natural yogurt (to serve)
- Salsa or diced tomatoes (to serve)
1. Slice your peppers (remove seeds and pith), onions and other veg.
2. Get a large frying pan hot. Gloss the veg with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Add a spritz of citrus juice. Sizzle in the hot pan for a few mins. Stir frequently.
3. Once the veg has a little colour, add the spices and a little extra oil if needed. Cook for a few mins till fragrant and tender, with some bite.
4. Add any cooked meat now, if using, or serve it separately.
5. Add a fresh squeeze of citrus. Taste and add more spices if you like.
6. Scatter herbs over. Bundle everything into warm tortilla wraps. Serve with salsa, fresh tomatoes, a dollop of yogurt and/or a scattering of cheese.