- 2 chicken thighs & 2 chicken drumsticks
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 500g new potatoes
- 1 red onion
- A handful of rosemary, leaves only
- A handful of flat leaf parsley
- A handful of oregano, leaves only
- 1 lemon
- 80g kalamata olives
- 200g French beans
- 1 garlic clove
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp cold water (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Arrange the chicken thighs and drumsticks in a roasting tin. Rub the chicken with 1 tbsp oil and a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Slide the chicken into the oven and set your timer for 10 mins.
2. While the chicken roasts, scrub the potatoes and chop them into bite-sized chunks. Toss the potatoes into a second roasting tin. Season with salt and pepper, drizzle with 1 tbsp oil and toss to coat. When the timer dings, slide the potatoes onto the oven shelf below the chicken and set the timer for 20 more mins.
3. While the chicken and potatoes roast, peel the red onion and slice it into thin wedges. Finely chop the rosemary leaves. Slide both into a bowl and set to one side.
4. Finely chop the parsley and the oregano leaves together on a board and slide into a separate bowl. Grate in the lemon zest and squeeze in the juice. Pour in 1 tbsp oil and a little salt and pepper and stir well. This is your lemon and herb sauce.
5. Once the potatoes have cooked for 25 mins, scatter the sliced red onions and rosemary leaves into the tin. Add the Kalamata olives. Toss everything to mix. Slide the roasting tin back into the oven for 15 mins.
6. While everything roasts, trim the ends off the French beans. Peel the garlic clove and thinly slice it. Pour 1 tbsp oil into a pan and warm to a medium-high heat. Add the beans, garlic and the cherry tomatoes to the pan. Fry for 6-8 mins, till the tomatoes are softened. If the pan starts looking too dry, stir in 2 tbsp cold water.
7. Divide the chicken onto plates and top with the lemon and herb sauce. Serve with the roasted potatoes and the tomatoes and beans on the side.