- 500g potatoes
- 100g kale
- 1 onions
- 200g white mushrooms
- A handful of flat leaf parsley
- 250g pork stir fry strips
- 45g butter
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 150ml double cream
- 1 lemon
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
1. Scrub the potatoes and peel them. Chop into bite-sized chunks and slide into a large pan. Sprinkle in a good pinch of salt and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer for 15-20 mins, till tender and easily pierced with the tip of a knife.
2. While the potatoes cook, strip the kale leaves from their thick, woody stalks. Finely shred the leaves. Slide into a bowl and set aside.
3. Peel the onion and thinly slice it. Thinly slice the mushrooms. Finely chop the parsley.
4. Pour 1 tbsp oil into a large frying pan and warm over a high heat. Season the pork strips. Add the pork to the hot pan and cook for 3-4 mins, turning once or twice, till golden brown. Scoop the pork out of the pan and pop on a plate. Turn the heat under the pan down to medium.
5. Slide half of the butter into the now empty pan along with the onion. Sprinkle in 1 tsp smoked paprika. Fry for 5-6 mins, stirring occasionally, till the onion has softened.
6. Toss the mushrooms into the pan and stir into the onion. Cook for a further 3-4 mins, till glossy.
7. Return the pork to the pan. Pour in 150ml double cream and stir well to combine. Warm through for 3-4 mins.
8. Test the potatoes. When they are almost cooked through, slide the shredded kale into the same pan and cook till the greens are tender. Drain and allow to steam dry in a colander for 1 min. Tip back into the pan and add the remaining butter and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mash well.
9. Halve the lemon and squeeze the juice into the pork and cream. Stir through the parsley. Spoon the stroganoff into bowls and serve with the mash.