- 500g potatoes
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 1 courgette
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 25g pine nuts
- A handful of basil, leaves only
- 50g rocket
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 lemon
- 250g beef stir-fry strips
1. Preheat your oven to 220°C/Fan 200°C/Gas 7. Scrub the potatoes and slice them into bite-sized pieces. Tumble the potatoes into a pan. Cover with water and sprinkle in a pinch of salt. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10-15 mins, till tender.
2. While the potatoes cook, tip the cherry tomatoes into a roasting tin. Peel the red onion and slice it into 6-8 wedges. Trim the courgette and cut it into batons. Add the onion and courgette to the roasting tin. Sprinkle in a little salt and pepper and pour in 1 tbsp oil. Toss to coat, then slide into the oven for 20 mins, till coloured at the edges.
3. Meanwhile, toss the pine nuts into a sturdy bowl and crush with the bottom of a jam jar or rolling pin. Finely chop the basil leaves and half of the rocket. Add the chopped greens to the pine nuts. Peel and grate in the garlic clove. Squeeze in the lemon juice. Pour in 1 tbsp oil, add a little salt and pepper and stir to make a pesto.
4. Pour 1 tbsp oil into a large frying pan and warm to a high heat. When the pan is hot, add the beef stir-fry strips with a pinch of salt and pepper. Fry for 4-5 mins, turning the beef once or twice, till browned on all sides. Transfer to a large bowl.
5. Drain the potatoes and let them steam dry in the colander for 30 secs. Tip the potatoes into the bowl with the cooked beef. Add the roasted veg and spoon in the basil pesto. Fold together.
6. Divide the beef and veg between a couple of warm plates. Scatter over the remaining rocket leaves and serve.