- 4 good-sized potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cubed
- A good splash of olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- A good pinch of chilli powder
- 1 orange, a lemon or 2 limes
- A splash of cider or sherry vinegar
- A handful of fresh herbs
To make it more substantial, slice up some chorizo and toss it into the pan, or cap with a poached egg.
1. Pop your spuds in a pot of salted, boiling water. Cook till just tender.
2. Drain and cool a little.
3. Warm a large frying pan. Gloss with oil. Add onions and spuds. Season with salt and pepper. Cook til onions soften and the spuds start to pick up colour.
4. Fold in the spice, Add the red peppers. Cook til the peppers soften.
5. Add a good squeeze of citrus juice, a little zest and a splash of vinegar. Cook a touch longer. Taste. Adjust seasoning.
6. Finish with fresh herbs.