- 1 spaghetti squash
- 2½ tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 400g tomatoes
- 200g crème fraîche
- 100g cheddar
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 red onion
- 1 chilli
- 50g rocket
- 400g tin of butterbeans
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 25g pine nuts
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 50 mins
1. Heat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Cut the squash into 4-6 rounds. Cut out the seeds and discard them. Place the squash on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle with 1 tbsp oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the top of the oven for 30 mins.
2. Roughly chop the tomatoes. Peel and roughly chop the onion. Peel the garlic cloves. Tip everything onto a separate baking tray lined with baking paper. Toss with 1 tbsp olive oil, the oregano and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Slide into the oven on a shelf below the squash.
3. Coarsely grate the cheddar and mix it with the crème fraîche. Add plenty of black pepper.
4. When the squash has cooked for 30 mins, remove it from the oven. Let it cool slightly. Using a fork, pull the squash into long spaghetti-like strands, discarding the skin.
5. Remove the tomatoes from the oven and crush them with a fork, ensuring the garlic cloves are mashed. It should be a chunky sauce. If you prefer it smooth, whizz it in a food processor. Stir, taste and adjust the seasoning.
6. Arrange a third of the spaghetti squash in the base of a medium dish. Spoon over the tomatoes. Cover with a third of the crème fraîche and cheddar mix. Repeat using all the ingredients, finishing with a layer of cheddar and crème fraîche.
7. Slide the spaghetti squash lasagne into the oven and bake for 20 mins till the top is golden.
8. While the lasagne is cooking, make the butter bean salad. Drain and rinse the butter beans. Halve the chilli and flick out the seeds. Finely chop the chilli. Whisk the red wine vinegar with ½ tbsp olive oil. Toss the beans with the dressing and chilli.
9. Toast the pine nuts in a dry frying pan for 2-3 mins till golden.
10. Remove the lasagne from the oven. Scatter over the pine nuts. Arrange the rocket on a couple of plates. Top with the dressed butter beans. Serve with the spaghetti squash lasagne.