- 5-6 handfuls of Med veg, cut into chunks
- A glug of olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- A pinch of chilli, fresh or chilli powder (optional)
- A glug of balsamic vinegar or red wine (or both)
- A few sprigs of fresh rosemary or thyme, leaves chopped
- 1-2 tins of tomatoes
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C/Gas 6. Pop your roasting tray in to warm.
2. In a bowl, mix your veg with a glug of oil, salt, pepper and chilli, if using.
3. Tumble them into the warm tin, with a little gloss of oil and a gentle splash (not
too much) of balsamic and/or wine.
4. Roast for 25 mins. Check. Turn veg. Add more oil and/or wine/balsamic if needed. Scatter on some herbs. Shake
the pan to mix. Roast till the veg is nicely coloured, tender and sweet.
5. For a smooth sauce, pop the roast veg in a blender and blitz. Add the tinned tomatoes little by little till it’s
as you want it. Taste and add more herbs, seasoning, wine or balsamic as needed.
6. For a more rustic sauce, chop the veg on a board. Then mix with as much tinned tomato
as you like. Taste and adjust seasoning as above.