- 1kg potatoes
- 4 chicken thighs & chicken drumsticks
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red onions
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 red peppers
- 400g vine tomatoes
- 80g Kalamata olives
- 50g rocket
- 1 lemon
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 55 mins - Tin Tip:
We recommend using your largest roasting tin for this recipe. If you think it looks a little overcrowded, divide the ingredients between a couple of tins – this way the roast will cook more evenly. The tin placed lower in the oven will need a little longer cooking time, or you can swap the tins round halfway.
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Scrub the potatoes and cut them into bite-size pieces. Scatter the potatoes into a large roasting tin (see our tip). Add the chicken thighs and drumsticks to the tin. Dust over 1 tbsp smoked paprika and a pinch of salt and pepper. Pour over 2 tbsp olive oil and toss to coat. Arrange the chicken skin-side-up on top of the potatoes. Slide into the oven and roast for 25 mins.
2. Meanwhile, peel and thinly slice the red onions and garlic. Halve the peppers, scoop out the seeds and pith and cut them into 2-3cm thick strips. Chop the tomatoes into small pieces. Tumble the veg into a large bowl. Add the olives, a pinch of salt and pepper and 1 tbsp olive oil. Fold together to coat.
3. When the chicken and spuds have roasted for 25 mins, remove the tin from the oven. Lift the chicken out onto a plate and tip the veg into the tin. Turn everything over, pop the chicken back on top and slide into the oven for 30 mins, till the chicken skin is crispy and the veg are tender.
4. Serve the chicken and veg with handfuls of rocket dressed with a squeeze of lemon.