- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red pepper
- 4 garlic cloves
- 600g sweet potatoes
- 2 tsp fajita seasoning
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 400g tin of black beans
- 400ml hot vegetable stock
- 150g red quinoa
- 2 ripe avocadoes
- 1 lime
- 142g bag of blue corn & red lentil multigrain chips
- A large handful of coriander, leaves only
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Grated cheddar & soured cream, to serve (optional)
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 35 mins
1. Peel and finely chop the onion. Peel and dice the carrots. Place a large pan on a medium heat for 1 min, then pour in 2 tbsp olive oil. Add the onion and carrots to the pan and cook gently for 8-10 mins, stirring often, till glossy and starting to soften.
2. While the veg cook, halve the pepper and scoop out the seeds and pith. Roughly chop it. Peel and finely chop the garlic cloves. Peel and chop the sweet potatoes into 2cm-thick chunks.
3. Add the pepper and garlic to the pan. Cook and stir for 4-5 mins, then sprinkle in the fajita seasoning with a good pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, for 2 mins.
4. Add the sweet potatoes. Pour in the tin of chopped tomatoes and the black beans along with their liquid. Pour in the vegetable stock and bring everything up to a bubble. Pour in the quinoa and stir. Pop on a lid and cook for 15 mins or till the sweet potatoes are soft and the quinoa is tender.
5. While the one pot is simmering, halve the avocadoes and scoop the flesh into a bowl. Mash them with a pinch of salt and the juice from 1 lime. Set to one side.
6. When the one pot is ready, taste and add more salt, pepper or fajita seasoning if you think it needs it. Spoon into warmed bowls and serve with a good dollop of the smashed avocado, a pinch of coriander leaves, lime wedges and tortilla chips. You can also serve with grated cheese and soured cream, if liked.