- 500g potatoes
- Sea salt
- 2 tomatoes
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- A handful of mint, leaves only
- 1 lemon
- 1 courgette
- 1 aubergine
- 1 red onion
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 320g lemon sole fillets
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Scrub the potatoes and chop them into bite-sized pieces. Scatter the potatoes onto a large baking tray. Toss with a generous pinch of salt and pepper and 1 tbsp oil. Slide the potatoes into the oven to roast for 20 mins.
2. Meanwhile, finely dice the tomatoes and slide them into a small bowl. Peel the garlic cloves and finely chop them. Set 1 chopped garlic clove aside for later in the recipe. Slide the other garlic clove into the bowl with the tomatoes. Finely chop the mint leaves and grate the lemon zest. Add both to the tomatoes. Squeeze in the juice from half of the lemon. Stir in 1 tbsp olive oil and a little salt and pepper and set aside.
3. Trim the courgette and the aubergine and cut both into bite-sized chunks. Peel the red onion and slice into thin wedges. When the potatoes have roasted for 20 mins, add the aubergine, courgette and onion to the pan. Scatter in 2 tsp fennel seeds. Stir to combine. Return to the oven for a further 20 mins, till all of the veg is tender and has picked up a little colour.
4. Pour 1 tbsp oil into a pan and warm to a mediumhigh heat. Dust the sole fillets with salt and pepper. When the pan is hot, add the sole fillets. Fry for 2-3 mins on each side, till golden and cooked through.
5. Divide the roasted veg between a couple of plates. Top with the sole fillets. Spoon over the tomato and mint salsa and serve with wedges of the zested lemon for squeezing.