- 35g sundried tomatoes
- 250g new potatoes
- 500g broad beans
- 1 courgette
- 80g black olives
- 4 shallots
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- A handful of flat leaf parsley
- 1 lemon
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 125g ricotta
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 30-35 mins
1. Pop the sundried tomatoes in a heatproof bowl. Pour in enough boiling water to cover them. Set aside to soak for 15 mins. Put on a pan of water to boil.
2. While the sundried tomatoes soak, scrub the potatoes and chop them into equal sized pieces. When the water is boiling in the pan, add the potatoes and simmer for 10-15 mins till just tender.
3. While the potatoes simmer, pop the broad beans out of their pods. Trim the courgette and use a vegetable peeler to finely slice it into ribbons. Drain the tomatoes and thinly slice them. Roughly chop the olives. Peel and finely slice the shallots.
4. When the potatoes are just tender, lift them out of the pan with a slotted spoon and leave them to drain in a colander. Add the broad beans to the pan. Simmer, without the lid on the pan, for 3 mins. Drain well and toss into a bowl.
5. Warm a frying pan for 1 min. Add 1/2 tbsp olive oil and the shallots. Season with salt and pepper. Stir and fry over a medium heat for 5 mins till golden. Lift out of the pan and pop them on a plate lined with kitchen paper.
6. Add another 1/2 tbsp oil to the pan. Add the potatoes. Fry over a medium heat for 5-8 mins till a little golden.
7. Peel and crush the garlic. Finely chop the parsley stalks and leaves. Finely grate the zest from the lemon. Put the garlic, parsley and the lemon zest in a bowl. Squeeze in the juice from the lemon. Whisk together with a pinch of salt and pepper to make a dressing.
8. Add the broad beans and courgette ribbons to the pan with the sundried tomatoes, olives and the dressing. Toss a few times to warm through, pile the warm salad up on plates. Dollop on half the pot of ricotta and serve.