- 1 red pepper
- 150g Greek style yogurt
- A handful of mint, leaves only
- 1 lemon
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 white tortillas*
- A handful of cos lettuce leaves
- 2 vine tomatoes
- 1 red spring onion
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 150g halloumi
1. Heat your grill to high. Line a grill pan with foil – or use a baking tray if your grill doesn't have a pan. Slice the pepper into 8 long pieces and scoop out the seeds and white pith. Lay the pepper pieces, skin-side up, on the foil-lined tray and grill for 10 mins till the skin is blistered and charred.
2. While the peppers grill, spoon the yogurt into a bowl. Pick the mint leaves off their sprigs and finely slice the mint leaves. Add them to the yogurt. Finely grate in the zest from the lemon. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and stir to mix. Set aside.
3. When the peppers are charred, take them out from under the grill and pop them in a bowl. Cover with a plate and set aside to cool.
4. Turn the grill off. Take the tortillas out of their packaging, and loosely wrap them in foil to make a parcel. Pop them under the grill (making sure it's turned off), close the door and leave them to gently warm while you make the rest of the tortilla wrap fillings.
5. Separate a few good sized leaves off the lettuce, rinse and dry them, then shred them. Pop them in a large bowl. Dice the tomatoes and add to the lettuce. Trim the roots and any ragged tops off the spring onion, then finely slice it – purple and green parts. Add to the bowl. Squeeze over a little juice from the lemon, drizzle over 1 tsp olive oil and season with a little salt and pepper. Toss to lightly mix. Set aside.
6. Peel as much of the charred skin off the pepper wedges as you can (don't worry if you can't get it all off). Slice the halloumi into 8 long pieces.
7. Put a frying pan on a medium-high heat and add 2 tsp olive oil. Swirl to coat the pan, then add the halloumi and fry for 2-3 mins on each side till golden brown. Take of the heat.
8. Unwrap the tortillas and spread a little of the minty yogurt on each one. Add a small handful of salad, some pepper and halloumi pieces and roll up to make wraps. Serve with the remaining salad and yogurt sauce on the side.