- 1 sweet potato
- 400g bunched carrots
- 2 beetroot
- 750g broad beans
- 1 lemon
- A handful of mint
- 50g lamb's lettuce
- 250g chicken breast mini fillets
- 3 tsp olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
Prep: 25 mins | Cook: 30 mins
1. Heat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Scrub the sweet potato and slice it into chips as large as your fingers. Pop them in a bowl. Chop the tops off the bunch of carrots (keep the tops). Scrub the carrots. Quarter them and add them to the bowl.
2. Scrub, trim and chop the beetroot into wedges. Add to the bowl. Drizzle in 1 tsp olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and turn to coat. Spread out on a baking tray. Roast for 30 mins till tender and a little charred.
3. While the veg roast, bring a small pan of water to the boil. Pop the broad beans out of their green pods. When the water is boiling, add the beans. Simmer for 2-3 mins till just cooked. Drain. Cool under cold running water.
4. Broad beans are tender at this time of year, so you don't need to pop them out of their grey skins, but you can if you want to. The easiest way is to squeeze one end till the bean pops out of the skin – do this over a bowl to catch them. It should take about 10 mins.
5. Zest the lemon. Add it to the beans. Pick the leaves off the mint sprigs. Shred the larger leaves. Add them to the beans with the lamb’s lettuce and a squeeze of juice from the lemon. Season with a little salt and pepper. Toss to mix.
6. Pop the chicken in a dish with 2 tsp olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Heat a griddle or frying pan for 1 min. Add the chicken. Fry for 5-8 mins. Turn now and then, till the chicken is golden and cooked through.
7. Roughly chop some of the carrot tops. Serve the chicken with the roast carrots, broad bean salad and another squeeze of juice from the lemon. Sprinkle with chopped carrot tops.