- 250g cherry tomatoes
- A few glosses of olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 500ml veg or chicken stock
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 100g risotto rice
- 1 glass of white wine (optional but well worth adding, if possible)
- A few sloshes of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- A large handful of fresh coriander, parsley and/or chervil
1. Heat your oven to 200°C/Gas 6.
2. In a baking dish, gloss your tomatoes with a little oil. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper over. Roast for 30 mins, or till squidgy and sweet.
3. Pour your stock into a saucepan. Bring to a gentle simmer.
4. Get a pot on the heat for your risotto. Add a gloss of oil. Stir in your onions. Lower heat. Cook till softened.
5. Stir the garlic and risotto rice in with the onions. Let it toast for a mo. Add your wine, if using. Let the rice drink it up till almost fully absorbed.
6. Add soy sauce and your first ladle of stock. Set a timer for 20 mins.
7. Feed the stock to the risotto a ladle at a time, stirring often, till your timer goes off or till it’s thick, creamy with a little bite.
8. Check your tomatoes. Remove from the oven when ready. Pluck from their stems, if needed.
9. Swirl the ginger and tomatoes in with your last few ladles of stock. Add a little more soy sauce. Taste. Tweak seasoning and ginger as needed.
10. Plate up. Finish with fresh herbs and a little gloss of olive oil.