- 2 spring onions
- 1 garlic clove
- A head of broccoli
- 100g smoked salmon
- 200g chifferini or penne pasta
- 125g mascarpone cheese
- 1 lemon
- 50g rocket
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. Fill a large pan with water and add a pinch of salt. Cover and bring to the boil.
2. Trim the roots and any ragged greens off the spring onions and thinly slice them, Peel and finely chop the garlic. Trim the dry end off the broccoli then chop the florets and stalk into bite-size pieces. Thinly slice the smoked salmon into small pieces.
3. The water in the pan should be boiling. Add the chifferini pasta to the pan and simmer for 5 mins. Add the broccoli to the pan and cook for 3-4 mins, till the broccoli and pasta are tender but still have a little bite. Scoop a mugful of water out of the pan (mind your fingers, or use a ladle), then drain the broccoli and pasta.
4. When the pasta and broccoli are almost ready, set a large frying pan on a medium heat and add 1 tsp olive oil. Add the spring onions and garlic to the frying pan with pinch of salt and pepper. Stir and fry for 2 mins, till just tender and lightly browned.
5. Tip the pasta and broccoli into the frying pan with the spring onions and garlic. Add half the pot of mascarpone and the smoked salmon. Grate in half the lemon zest. Stir together and warm through for 2 mins. If the pan seems a little dry, trickle in a little of the reserved pasta water.
6. Meanwhile, pour 1 tsp olive oil into a large bowl. Squeeze in some lemon juice and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir to make a dressing.
7. Add the rocket to the dressing and toss together. Serve the creamy salmon pasta with the rocket salad on the side.