- 1 red onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 courgette
- 250g baby plum tomatoes
- 250g chicken breast mini fillets
- 1 garlic clove
- A handful of basil
- 6 tsp olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Peel and thickly slice the red onion into wedges. Halve the peppers. Scoop out the white bits and seeds. Slice it into thick chunks. Trim the courgette. Slice it into rounds about as thick as a £1 coin.
2. Pop all the chopped veg in a bowl. Add the baby plum tomatoes. Add 2 tsp olive oil and some salt and pepper. Turn everything over a few times to coat the veg in the oil and seasoning. Put to one side.
3. Chop the chicken into bite-size pieces. Put it in a separate bowl. Add 1 tsp olive oil and some salt and pepper. Turn a few times to lightly coat in the oil and seasoning.
4. Warm a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the chicken. Fry for 8-10 mins, turning once or twice, till the chicken is browned all over and cooked through. Lift it out of the pan. Pop on a plate.
5. Add all the veg to the pan. Fry for 8-10 mins, stirring often, till the veg is soft and a little charred in places.
6. While the veg cook, peel and grate or crush the garlic. Finely chop most of the basil leaves. Pop them both in a bowl and stir in 2 tsp olive oil and some seasoning to make a green, garlicky sauce.
7. Add the chicken back to the pan with any juices from the plate. Cook and stir for 2-3 mins to warm the chicken right through and let the veg and chicken flavours mingle in the pan.
8. Divide the chicken pan-fry between two warm plates or bowls. Drizzle with the basil sauce and garnish with the reserved basil leaves to serve.