1. Warm your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Scrub the potatoes and slice them into finger-length chips. Scatter the chips into a roasting tin and add 1 tbsp olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss to coat, then slide into the oven for 35 mins, turning halfway, till golden brown and tender.
2. Tip the soured cream into a bowl. Finely chop the coriander leaves and stalks and add them to the bowl. Peel and grate in the garlic. Grate in the lemon zest. Add a pinch of salt and pepper, stir and set to one side.
3. Tip the breadcrumbs onto a large plate and stir in a pinch of salt and pepper and 1 tsp Cajun seasoning. Tip the flour onto a separate plate. Crack the egg onto a third plate and lightly beat with a fork to mix.
4. Add the chicken to the plate with the flour and turn to coat. Add the floured chicken pieces to the beaten egg and turn to coat. Lift out and add to the plate of spiced breadcrumbs and turn to coat.
5. If frying the chicken nuggets (see our tip below if you'd prefer to bake them) pour 2 tbsp olive oil into a large frying pan and warm it on a medium-high heat. Add the chicken nuggets and cook for 6-8 mins, turning every couple of mins, till golden and cooked through.
6. While the chicken is cooking, trim the base off the lettuce, rinse the leaves well and shake dry. Roughly chop the lettuce and add to a bowl. Slice the tomatoes into thin wedges and add them to the lettuce. Squeeze over a little lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Toss to dress.
7. Divide the chicken nuggets, wedges and salad between a couple of plates. Serve with the garlicky soured cream on the side.
8. Out of the frying pan, into the oven:
If you'd rather bake them, start the dish by following steps 2, 3 and 4, then arrange the nuggets on a baking tray greased with 1 tbsp olive oil and set aside. Then follow step 1, sliding the tin of chips and the tray of nuggets into the oven at the same time, with the nuggets on a higher shelf. After baking for 20 mins, swap the tin and tray round so the chips are on top. Bake for another 15-20 mins, till the chips are golden and tender and the nuggets are cooked through – if you slice into a large one there should be no pink in the middle.