- A handful of cashew nuts
- 2 tsp butter (optional)
- Sea salt
- 2-3 handfuls of broccoli, cut into small bite-sized pieces
- 1 tsp finely chopped or grated fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- A pinch of finely chopped red chilli (more or less, to taste)
- A squeeze of lemon or lime juice
- A drizzle of olive oil (optional)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce, plus a splash extra
- 1 tsp honey or agave, plus a drop extra
- 125g brown rice noodles
- A handful of fresh coriander (optional)
1. Place the cashews in a hot frying pan. Toast on low heat till golden. Toss with the butter, if using (butter and cashews have a magical infinity - not needed but does take them to a whole new level). Season with pinch of salt. Remove. Set aside.
2. Put the pan back on a high heat. Add the broccoli, with no added oil or butter as the idea is to char them a little, bringing out their nutty flavour. Toast it till bright green and getting golden brown hints on the edges.
3. Swirl in ginger, garlic and chilli. Add a good squeeze of lemon or lime juice. Cook till softened, add a drop of oil, if you like. Add soy and honey/agave. Toss. Remove from heat.
4. Cook your noodles to pack instructions. Drain. Rinse in cold water. Toss in pan with broccoli. Warm though. Taste. Add more lemon/lime, soy, honey/agave and chilli, as needed.
5. Serve with toasted cashews and fresh coriander.