- A handful of cashews
- 2 tsp butter (optional)
- Sea salt
- 2-3 handfuls of broccoli, cut into small bite-sized pieces
- 1 tsp finely chopped or grated fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- A pinch of finely chopped red chilli (more or less, to taste)
- A squeeze of lemon or lime juice
- A drizzle of olive oil (optional)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce, plus a little extra
- 1 tsp honey or agave, plus a little extra
- 125g brown rice noodles
- A handful of fresh coriander (optional)
1. Toast the cashews in a hot frying pan on a low heat till golden. Add the butter, if using, and stir. Season with pinch of salt, then tip out into a bowl and set aside.
2. Put the pan back on a high heat. Add the broccoli, with no added oil or butter – the idea is to char it a little, bringing out its nutty flavour. Toast the broccoli till bright green and turning golden brown at the edges.
3. Stir in the ginger, garlic and chilli. Add a squeeze of lemon or lime juice. Cook till softened, add a splash of oil, if you like. Add the soy sauce and honey/agave. Toss to mix, then remove from heat.
4. Cook the noodles following the pack instructions. Drain and rinse them with cold water. Toss the noodles into the pan with the broccoli. Warm though and taste. Add more lemon/lime, soy, honey/agave and chilli, as needed.
5. Serve the broccoli noodles with the toasted cashews and fresh coriander.