- 1 red onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 chilli
- A punnet of cherry tomatoes
- A gloss of olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Freshly ground pepper
- A stick of celery
- 1 garlic clove
- A thumb of horseradish
- 500ml boiling water or stock, if you have it
- A handful of flat leaf parsley
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
Prep: 5 mins | Cook: 35 mins
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C/180°C/Gas 6. Put a large roasting tray on the top shelf of your oven to heat up.
2. Halve, peel and slice the onion, keeping it a bit chunky. Cut the red pepper into 2 cm thick strips. Discard the stem and seeds.
3. Chop the stem off the chilli. Halve it lengthways and scoop out the seeds. Compost, or save them to plant later.
4. Add all the red veg to the preheated roasting tray. Gloss with oil and season well. Roast for 20 mins or till tender and a little coloured around the edges.
5. Dice the celery. Set a pinch aside for garnish. Peel and finely chop the garlic. Peel and grate 1 tsp horseradish. Add all but the celery garnish to the roasted veg. Stir, then tip into a food processor or blender. Add the boiling water or stock.
6. Roughly chop the parsley. Add half the parsley and most of the lemon zest to the blender. Blitz till smooth. Taste and adjust the seasonain, adding more horseradish, lemon juice or more boiling water/stock till it’s just right for you.
7. Serve warm with the remaining parsley, celery, a grating of horseradish, lemon zest and juice and a swirl of olive oil.