- 1 red onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 chilli
- A punnet of cherry tomatoes
- A gloss of olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- A stick of celery
- 1 garlic clove
- A thumb of horseradish
- A handful of flat leaf parsley
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C/Gas 6. Put a large roasting tray on the top shelf of your oven to heat up.
2. Halve, peel and slice your onion. Keep it a bit chunky. Cut the red pepper into 2 cm thick strips. Discard the stem and seeds.
3. Chop the stem off your chilli. Halve it lengthways. Scoop out the seeds. Compost, or save them to plant later.
4. Add all the red veg to your preheated roasting tray. Gloss with oil. Season well. Roast for 20 mins or till tender and a little coloured around the edges.
5. Dice your celery. Set a pinch aside for garnish. Peel and finely chop your garlic. Peel and grate 1 tsp horseradish. Add all but the celery garnish to the roasted veg. Stir. Put in a food processor or blender. Add your boiling water or stock.
6. Roughly chop your parsley. Add half and most of your lemon zest. Blend till smooth. Taste. Season. Add more horseradish, lemon juice or more boiling water/stock till it’s just right for you.
7. Serve warm with the remaining parsley, celery, a grating of horseradish, lemon zest and juice and a swirl of olive oil.