- 4 aubergines
- 4 garlic cloves
- 50g Rococo White Chocolate & Cardamom
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 lemon
- 2 tsp cumin seeds, toasted
- 1 chilli, deseeded
- Pinch of chilli powder, to taste
- A handful of flat leaf parsley, leaves chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Raw veg or flatbreads for dipping
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 50 mins + draining
1. Heat your grill to its highest setting.
2. Place the whole aubergines on a baking tray. Drop on the garlic cloves.
3. Slide the tray under the grill for 30-40 mins. Turn the aubergines every 10 mins. They should be deflated and blackened. Remove the garlic after 15 mins and set aside.
4. Leave the aubergines to cool slightly. Slice in half, then scoop out the flesh into a sieve. Leave to drain for 15 mins.
5. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water (don’t let the bowl touch the water).
6. Squeeze the roasted garlic flesh from their skins. Whisk with the tahini. Squeeze in the juice from half a lemon. Tip in the cumin seeds. Finely chop the deseeded chilli and add that too.
7. Roughly chop the aubergine flesh and stir into the tahini bowl. Pour in the melted chocolate and mix. Season to taste, adding a little more lemon juice as desired and a pinch of chilli powder to taste.
8. Spoon into a serving bowl. Scatter over the chopped parsley and sesame seeds. Drizzle over some olive oil. Dip in shards of flatbread or batons of raw veg .