- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 150g bulgar wheat
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 shallot
- 1 lemon
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 red onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 4 lamb loin chops
- 75g rocket
- 150ml boiling water
- 3 tsp olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. Dissolve the stock cube in 150ml boiling water. Place the bulgar in a large bowl and pour over the stock. Cover with cling film and set aside to soak till needed.
2. Peel and grate or crush the garlic. Peel and dice the shallot. Finely grate the zest from the lemon and set the zest aside. Juice the lemon.
3. Combine the garlic, shallot, cumin and lemon juice in a shallow non-metallic dish. Add 1 tsp oil and some salt and pepper. Add the lamb chops. Turn to coat and set aside to marinate for at least 5 mins (longer if you can). Preheat the grill to medium and line your grill pan with foil.
4. Halve the tomatoes and cut the onion into thin wedges. Place them on the grill pan (make sure the tomatoes are cut-side up) and brush with 1 tsp oil.
5. Place the lamb and any marinade on the grill pan. Grill for 10 mins, turning the lamb chops once, till browned (see our tip below for lamb cooking times). If the onion and tomatoes cook and char before the lamb, scoop them out onto a plate.
6. Roughly chop the rocket. Fluff the bulgar wheat with a fork and stir in the lemon zest, most of the rocket and some salt and pepper.
7. Serve the bulgar wheat with 2 chops each, the grilled vegetables and the remaining rocket leaves drizzled with 1 tsp olive oil.