- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- A handful of rosemary, leaves only
- 300g spinach
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 400g tin of cannellini beans
- 330ml cherry tomato passata
- 100ml boiling water
- 4 eggs
- 100g mozzarella
1. Peel and thinly slice the onion. Peel the garlic cloves and thinly slice them. Pick the rosemary leaves off their sprigs and roughly chop the leaves. Trim any tough stalks off the spinach leaves and discard them. Roughly chop the spinach leaves.
2. Add 1 tsp oil to a shallow casserole dish or deep frying pan and warm to a medium heat. Slide in the chopped onion, rosemary and garlic with a pinch of salt and pepper. Fry for 5-6 mins to soften.
3. Drain the cannellini beans and rinse with cold water. Add the beans to the pan. Pour in the cherry tomato passata along with 100ml boiling water. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 mins.
4. Stir the chopped spinach leaves into the pan. Continue to simmer for 5 mins, till the leaves wilt.
5. Make 4 gaps in the tomato and spinach, and break an egg into each. Tear the mozzarella over the top of the eggs and sauce.
6. Pop a lid on the pan and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 15-20 mins, till the eggs are just set. Scoop the eggs, cheese and sauce into warm bowls and serve.