- 150g white bamsati rice
- 450ml boiling water
- Sea salt
- 190g marinated tofu
- 1 red pepper
- 1 pak choi
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 chilli
- A handful of coriander
- 1 tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 200ml coconut milk
- 50g alfalfa & radish sprouts
- 1 tbsp olive, sunflower and coconut oil
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 30 mins
1. Fill your kettle and boil it. Rinse the rice under cold water, then tip it into a small pan and pour in 300ml boiling water. Add a pinch of salt, cover and bring to the boil. Turn the heat right down and very gently simmer the rice for 8 mins till it has absorbed all the water. Take the pan off the heat and set aside, lid on, for 10-15 mins to steam the rice and keep it warm.
2. While the rice cooks, drain the tofu and chop it into bite-sized chunks. Halve the red pepper and scoop out the seeds and white pith, then roughly chop the pepper. Separate the pak choi leaves, then slice the stems and shred the leaves, keeping them separate.
3. Peel and finely chop the garlic. Finely slice the chilli, scooping out the seeds and white pith if you prefer less heat. Finely chop the coriander stalks, setting the leaves aside for later.
4. Warm a wok or deep frying pan on a high heat for 1 min, then add ½ tbsp oil and the tofu. Fry for 4-5 mins, turning once or twice, till the tofu is golden brown. Scoop the tofu out of the pan onto a plate or bowl and set aside.
5. Add another ½ tbsp oil to the wok and add 1 tbsp Thai green curry paste, the garlic, chilli, and coriander stalks.
6. Stir in the red pepper and pak choi stems (keep the leaves for later). Pour in the coconut milk. Top up with 150ml hot water from the kettle. Simmer for 10 mins, stirring every so often, till the sauce starts to thicken a little.
7. Stir the pak choi leaves into the curry to wilt them. Add the tofu back to the pan. Taste the curry and add a pinch of salt if you think it needs it. Fluff the rice with a fork and divide between 2 warm plates or bowls. Top with the Thai green curry, the alfalfa and radish sprouts and the coriander leaves to serve.