1. Heat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Quarter the aubergines lengthways and chop into 1cm-thick slices. Place the aubergine slices in a roasting tin lined with baking paper and toss with a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Roast for 25 mins, till slightly charred on the outside and soft in the middle.
2. While the aubergines roast, cook the bulgar wheat. Tip the grains into a large heatproof bowl (or use a pan) and sprinkle in a little salt. Pour over 150ml boiling water and cover the bowl with a large plate. Set aside for 15 mins to soak.
3. Pop the tortillas directly onto the oven shelf below the aubergine tray. Cook for 10 mins, or till golden and crisp. Remove from the oven and allow to cool, then snap into bite-sized pieces.
4. Spoon the yogurt into a bowl. Peel and finely grate in the garlic cloves. Stir in the juice from half the lemon, along with a little salt and pepper. Set aside.
5. Slice the pomegranate in half around its middle (the equator, if you look at it like a little globe). Holding one half over a bowl, use a wooden spoon to firmly tap the back of the pomegranate to release the seeds. Discard any bits of white pith and pull any reluctant seeds out of the skin. Set aside. Finely chop the flat leaf parsley, leaves and stalks, and set aside in a separate bowl.
6. The bulgar wheat should be tender by now. Drain, if necessary, then return to the bowl (or pan). Squeeze over the remaining lemon half. Pick and finely chop the mint leaves and fold them through. Set aside.
7. Remove all of the packaging from the halloumi and slice into 6 flat pieces. Put a heavy frying pan onto a medium high heat. Scatter the pine nuts into the dry pan and cook for 2-3 mins, tossing frequently, till golden-brown on the outside. Tip into a bowl and return the pan to the heat. Pour in 1 tbsp oil and add the halloumi pieces. Fry for 2 mins on each side, till well browned.
8. Now you can assemble your fetteh. Scatter half of the toasted tortillas onto 2 warm plates. Top with half the aubergine slices, half the halloumi and half the yogurt. Sprinkle with half the parsley, pine nuts and pomegranate. Repeat with the remaining half of the ingredients. Serve with the minty, lemony bulgar wheat on the side.