- 2 white tortillas*
- 150g white basmati rice
- 250g chicken breast mini fillets
- 2 courgettes
- 1 lemon
- 150g yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp tahini
- A handful of flat leaf parsley
- 1 pomegranate
- 300ml boiling water
- Sea salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
1. Heat your oven to 180°C/Fan 160°C/Gas 5. Place 2 white tortillas directly on the oven shelf and cook for 10 mins, till golden and crisp. Allow to cool, then break into bite-sized pieces.
2. Tip the rice into a sieve and give it a good rinse under cold water. Tip into a small pan and add 300ml boiling water and a pinch of salt. Pop on a lid and bring to the boil, then turn the heat right down and very gently simmer for 8 mins till all the water has been absorbed. Take the rice off the heat and leave it, covered, to steam in the pan for 10 mins.
3. Pour 1 tbsp oil into a pan and warm to a mediumhigh heat. Sprinkle the chicken mini fillets with a generous pinch of salt and pepper. When the pan is hot, add the chicken and fry for 4-5 mins on each side, till golden and cooked through. Pop on a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
4. While the chicken cooks, trim the courgettes and chop into 1cm rounds. Put the empty chicken pan back onto a medium-high heat and add the courgettes. Fry for 4 mins on each side, till caramelised on the outside and soft in the middle. Squeeze in the juice from half the lemon.
5. Spoon the yogurt into a bowl. Peel and finely grate in the garlic cloves. Squeeze in the remaining lemon juice and stir in 1 tbsp tahini till everything is well mixed. Sprinkle in a little salt and pepper.
6. Finely chop the parsley. Halve the pomegranate and place it, cut-side down, in the palm of your hand. Hold it over a bowl and whack the pomegranate with a wooden spoon — the seeds should tumble out.
7. Assemble the dish by scattering layers of cooked rice, crispy tortilla, chicken, yogurt, parsley and pomegranate onto each plate. Serve with the lemony courgettes on the side.