- A bundle of runner or French green beans
- A handful of salted peanuts (or cashew nuts)
- 1 tbsp olive or sesame oil
- 2 limes
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- 2 tsp cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 spring onion or ½ a small white onion, thinly sliced
- A pinch of sea salt
- A handful of basil (or try mint or coriander), chopped
Delicious with crispy-skinned fish and a bowl of coconut rice.
1. Top and tail the beans. If using runner beans, snip into 4-5cm pieces; cut each into matchsticks, if you like.
2. Grind or chop the nuts. Toss in a bowl. Grate in the zest of the limes.
3. Mix the oil, the juice of the limes (about 4 tbsp), honey and cider vinegar.
4. Pop the prepped beans, garlic and onion in a large heat-proof bowl. Add a pinch of sea salt. Cover with boiling water. Pop a plate or lid over to cover and steam the veg. Drain after 3 mins, or after veg is crisp tender and glossy green. Refresh under cold water.
5. Toss the veg in the lime dressing. If serving cold, pop the mix in the fridge for a bit. If you want to serve it warm, toss everything in a wok and sizzle until just warmed through.
6. Finish the hot or cold dish with a scattering of herbs and the lime zested peanuts.