- 1 onion, coarsely grated
- 200g tomato purée
- 250g tomatoes, halved, deseeded and finely chopped*
- A large handful fresh parsley and/or mint, finely chopped
- ½ fresh chilli, finely chopped (more or less, to taste)
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- A good pinch of sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- A drizzle of olive oil
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: nil
1. Pop all the ingredients into a bowl and mix together. It’s best if you can let it chill in the fridge for a few hours before serving, to mingle the flavours, but you can serve the dip straight away if you like.
2. To de-seed, just spoon the seeds and juice out of each tomato half with a teaspoon, but save them – they make a brilliant salad dressing. Just add a glug of olive oil and a pinch of salt.
3. Tip-top dip tip:
This dip is the perfect companion for our Courgette & Halloumi Falafels
and warm flatbreads.