- 1 small onion
- 125g cherry vine tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- A thumb of ginger
- 1 chilli
- 1 level tsp Gloriously Golden Turmeric Chai
- 4 medium eggs
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices French Country Sourdough Bread
- 1 tbsp butter
- A handful of coriander, leaves only
1. Peel and finely chop the onion. Quarter the cherry tomatoes. Peel and crush or grate the garlic, then peel and grate the ginger. Finely chop the chilli - for less heat, halve the chilli and scoop out the seeds and white pith before chopping the chilli.
2. Place 1 level tsp of the turmeric chai in a bowl and crack in the eggs. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and whisk together with a fork till they are well combined.
3. Warm a small pan over a medium-low for 2 mins, then add half the butter with the onion. Season with a little salt and pepper and cook, stirring often, for 10 mins till the onion is soft and glossy. Stir in the tomatoes, garlic, ginger and chilli and cook for 2-3 mins.
4. Pop the slices of bread in your toaster or under your grill to toast.
5. While the bread toasts, scramble the eggs. Add the rest of the butter to the pan and tip in the beaten eggs. Cook, stirirng constantly for 2-3 mins till the eggs are as set as you like.
6. Arrange the toast on 2 plates and top with the scrambled eggs. Garnish with the coriander leaves to serve.