- 1 small onion
- 125gg cherry vine tomatoes
- A thumb of ginger
- 1 chilli
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 4 medium eggs
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 slices French Country Sourdough Bread
- A handful of coriander, leaves only
Prep: 5 mins | Cook: 15-20 mins
1. Peel and finely chop the onion. Quarter the cherry tomatoes. Peel and grate the ginger. Finely chop the chilli – for less heat, halve the chilli and scrape out the seeds and white pith before chopping it.
2. Tip 1/2 tsp turmeric into a bowl and crack in the eggs. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and whisk together with a fork till everything is combined.
3. Warm a small pan over a medium-low for 2 mins, then add half the butter and the onion. Season with a little salt and pepper and cook, stirring often, for 10 mins till the onion is soft and glossy. Stir in the tomatoes, ginger and chilli and cook for 2-3 mins, stirring often.
4. Pop the slices of bread in your toaster or under your grill to toast.
5. While the bread toasts, add the rest of the butter to the pan and tip in the beaten eggs. Cook, stirirng constantly, for 2-3 mins till the eggs are as set as you like.
6. Arrange the toast on 2 plates and top with the scrambled eggs. Garnish with the coriander leaves to serve.