- 35g sun dried tomatoes
- 25g pine nuts
- 1 red onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 200g Tenderstem® broccoli
- 200g spaghetti
- Sea salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp tofu basil pesto
- 50g peppery salad leaves
- 100g mozzarella
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. Fill and boil your kettle. Pop the sun dried tomatoes into a heatproof bowl or jug, pour over enough boiling water to cover by 2-3cm and set aside for 10 mins. Meanwhile, fill a large pan with water, add a pinch of salt and bring to the boil.
2. Meanwhile, warm a deep frying pan or wok on a medium heat for 2 mins, then add the pine nuts. Toast for 2 mins, shaking the pan regularly till golden. Tip out onto a plate.
3. Peel and thinly slice the red onion. Peel and thinly slice the garlic. Trim the dry ends off the Tenderstem® broccoli, then slice the stems into bite-sizes pieces. Drain the sun dried tomatoes, keeping the water for later, then chop the sun dried tomatoes into small chunks.
4. When the pan of water is boiling, add the spaghetti. Simmer for 8-9 mins, till the pasta is tender with a bit of bite. When cooked, drain it.
5. While the spaghetti cooks, pour 1 tsp olive oil into the empty pine nut pan and warm to a medium heat. Add the onion and some salt and pepper. Fry for 6-8 mins, stirring, till slightly softened.
6. Add the broccoli, garlic and the sun dried tomatoes with their soaking water to the pan. Cook for 3-4 mins, till the broccoli is tender and most of the water has evaporated.
7. Toss the drained spaghetti into the pan of veg. Add 2 tbsp pesto and the pine nuts. Drain the mozzarella and tear it into the pan. Toss everything together.
8. Divide the spaghetti between a couple of plates. Add a few handfuls of salad leaves and serve.